Sunday, March 10, 2013

9 Weeks (2 Months, 1 Week): Feb 25th - March 11th

So I have crossed into the 2 month barrier now.  I apologize for not getting a post up last week for the official 2 month mark.  It has been quite a busy couple of weeks.  Anyways, I think I have some pretty sweet pics for you today.  I took more than normal to give you some more detail on the progress.

So a couple of things:
I recently had to febreeze them and throw them in the freezer to combat the smell and it has seemed to work very well.  When you wear jeans pretty much everyday, they can tend to get a little more worked in than normal.  This helps to yield some pretty fantastic fades and fantastic smells.  :)  Never the less, I am very determined to get these guys through the full journey.  The fade from my wallet on the back right pocket is popping out pretty well.  Also, you can now see some honeycombs coming in amongst many other typical spots.  I can't believe how fast this is coming together.  I may have a crotch blow out before that year mark.  If you look at the pics then you can see how there is already some significant wear in that area.  I foresee some darning in my future.

Also, I added a pair of Red Wing boots to the mix yesterday.

 I picked them up over at the Cabella's in Hamburg, PA.  My wife and I went hiking on Saturday and dropped in on the way home.  It was the first day since fall that we had weather hit the 60's, so it felt like summer to us and we knew it was wise to take advantage of it.  I have included pics of the boots to give you an idea.  These are not the typical "heritage" line, but they are from that same time.
These are like the old school Irish Setter work boots.  It was in 1950 that Red Wing's first official work/hunt boots released.  Since then, the Irish setter has been evolving and changing while keeping that same quality.  These have that signature "moc" toe that a lot of denim enthusiasts are after.  Take a look and post all the questions that you want to.

peace,
~austin~


























No comments:

Post a Comment