Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 1 Update: Jan 7th - 14th

Ok so here is the first round of updates on my jeans. They were purchased 2 Saturdays ago on January 5th and I began daily wear on Jan 7th.  Overall, they have stretched about a 1/2" in the waist since last Monday and they have definitely loosened up in the thighs, knees, and butt.  I predict them to continue to stretch about another 1/4" in the waist and a little more in the legs over the next week.  I'm pretty pleased so far with the fit.  I bought them pretty tight since I'm rocking them for an entire year and I think these are going to end up just right.

In terms of fade, there has been some very minimal fading in "typical" areas already.  You can see in the pictures below.  I carry my wallet in my back right pocket and there is some small fading from where the button on it is rubbing.  Also, there is some fading in the crotch and on the back of the jeans in the butt.  You can tell now where my honeycombs will be and in a few areas on the front where they are starting to crease up.  In my next post, I will include a picture of my wallet so you can see what it looks like and begin to compare the fades with its shape.  Lastly, I may be adding a pocket knife to the mix to clip on the inside of my front - right pocket and I will let you know when or if I do and what those fades start to look like.  

The other factor I promised with these updates is the "smelliness" of my jeans.  As of now, they don't really smell at all.  My experience is that there is kindof a plateau in the funk and then it doesn't get too much worse until that 6 month mark.  We will see, but that all depends of what I decide to do in them.  

On a side note, I'm growing a "Chi Gnome" that my wife Brittany gave me for Christmas.  It looked like this when I started and should only take 2 weeks for full growth.  Such an odd gift.

until next week....Cheers!!

~austin~
















1 comment: