Sunday, February 3, 2013

1 Month: Jan 28th - Feb 4th

I can't believe it's already been a month in my jeans.  Time flies man.  Here is my first official monthly recap.  I have already had a couple of things that have happened in these guys that I wish had not but kind of am glad because I feel like it gives it some good "authenticity" as we get more down the road here.  Since my last update last week, these jeans have been through 3 snows, sitting in frosting, and spilling a water bottle on them today.  Oh well.  It doesn't seem to have messed them up at all.  I was a bit worried about too much indigo bleeding out unevenly between the snows and me spilling half a bottle of water on them this morning, but it's not even obvious.  As for the icing, I just wiped it off with a rag and it came off just fine. :)  We spent the evening in West Philly with our friends Erich and Blaine for a super bowl party when we ran into a snow storm on the way back to their apartment.  I'm excited to document both of their Raw jeans.  They each are wearing APC's right now and in August, Erich and I will be making our way down to the shore to do a beach wash on his and I will definitely have every bit of that process documented for you all to enjoy.  So keep an eye out!  Also, because of my blog, I have inspired one of my friends to get into the Raw Denim scene.  My bud, Collin, got a pair of Naked and Famous Super Skinny Left Hand Twills.  I will be putting up shots of him in his new jeans very soon!

Stretch:
As of now, they fit the same.  Which is great.  I may leave this out unless I notice anything significant.

Smell: 
I know most of you don't believe me but they don't really smell any different.  As far as I'm concerned they smell like roses. ;)

Fade:
Some of these fades are getting some nice shape to begin to form.  They are still in the very beginning process of getting going, but I think these guys are going to yield some nice high contrast fades over the next year.  Ahhhh!  I can't wait.  You can see for yourself though.  The only new progress is some "ever so slight" fade in the honeycombs and some interesting butt fades underneath the back pockets.  Oh and in one of the shots, you can see where my iPhone is beginning to wear in my back left pocket.  We will see how these progress.

Until next week,
~austin~





















No comments:

Post a Comment